BFHP does rely heavily on traditional, direct donations from supporters like you to keep our programs running, but there are lots of other ways to contribute to our cause – many of which won’t cost you a penny!
- Give while you shop
- Give while you work
- Inspire others to give
- Donate your vehicle
- Give excess assets
- Donate Cryptocurrency
- Give food or supplies
- Leave a legacy
Give While You Shop
Many large and small businesses offer programs that convert your purchase into charitable dollars for Berkeley Food & Housing Project automatically. You don’t pay any extra, and BFHP gets a steady stream of benefits from your regular purchases – it’s a win-win!
- Amazon Smile: Go to Your Account on smile.amazon.com and click “Change Your Amazon Smile Charity” to select Berkeley Food & Housing Project as the recipient of your donations. For more information on Amazon Smile – click here.
- You can use Smilematic, to make sure you never miss an opportunity to raise money for BFHP.
- Local Groceries & Restaurants: Through our partnership with eScrip, you can create a single free account that will allow hundreds of local groceries and restaurants to convert a percentage of your purchase into a charitable donation to BFHP. Just go to escrip.com, create an account, and select “Berkeley Food – Housing Project” as your organization of choice.
Give while you work
Lots of employers, both private and government, offer ways to donate on a regular basis as an automatic deduction from your paycheck, and some even provide matching funds!
- Automatic Paycheck Deduction
- Ask your Human Resources department if your company has a workplace giving program and enroll today. To find out if your employer offers matching funds – click here.
- Federal Employee & Military Giving
- Federal Employees and members of the military can donate to BFHP through the Combined Federal Campaign. Our code is 47013. For more information – click here.
Inspire Others to Give
It’s now easier than ever for allies to set up one-click crowdfunding campaigns to benefit charitable organizations, and it’s a great way to spread our message to friends, family, and loved ones. Consider hosting a fundraiser for your next birthday or other special occasion to rally your network and celebrate a cause you believe in!
Donate Your Vehicle
Donate a car, truck, motorcycle, RV, boat, or airplane via Donate for Charity, and the proceeds can go towards supporting BFHP.
Give Excess Assets
There are lots of ways to give direct financial support to BFHP without touching any of your liquid assets. There may even be some tax benefits for you by engaging in these kinds of donations!
- Stocks & Bonds: Donating stock or mutual fund shares to BFHP is easy, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance on making a transfer. Be sure to notify us when you make the gift so we can make the proper preparations and send you an acknowledgment letter.
- Donor Advised Fund (DAF): If you have dollars in a Donor Advised Fund, you’ve already earmarked those funds for charitable purposes. Talk to your fund manager today about donating to BFHP to ensure your dollars go toward a cause you truly believe in.
- From now until September 30th, 2021, you can participate in the #HalfMyDAF Challenge to unlock matching funds with your DAF donations. Go to HalfMyDAF.com for more information.
You can donate cryptocurrency to BFHP by visiting https://www.cryptoforcharity.io/. This is a third-party service that liquidates cryptocurrency donations and passes along US dollars to the organization of your choice.
Give Food or Supplies
Our shelters and other facilities are always in need of non-perishable food items and supplies. You can drop off items in person or purchase from our Amazon Wish List!
- In-Person Drop-off
- Amazon Charity List
- Order from any of our Amazon Charity Lists and have the donation sent directly to the location of your choice – click here.
- Start a Drive on Facebook
Leave a legacy
Legacy Giving is perhaps the best way to ensure the continued advancement of the causes you care about most. To find out more – click here.