- Jim Huntley, Director of Advancement
In order to keep our doors open, we rely every year on a mix of public money and contributions from friends and donors like you. Your donation helps provide long-term housing stability for people right in our own community as well as emergency shelters and free, weekday community meals. Last year, 83% of our revenue flowed directly to client services.
- Stocks and bonds: Donating stock to BFHP is easy. Call or email us for guidance on making a stock transfer and notify us when you make the gift so we can send an acknowledgment letter.
Contact Jim Huntley, Director of Advancement at email@example.com or (510) 601-2612.
- Workplace giving: Some companies allow you to donate by deducting a specified amount from your paycheck and often your employer will match your gift. Ask your Human Resources office if your company has a workplace giving program. For a list of some corporations who have matching gift programs, click here.
- Federal employee and military giving: If you are a federal employee and/or a member of the military based in Northern California, you can donate to BFHP through the Combined Federal Campaign. Our code is 47013.
- Leave a legacy: An excellent way to ensure the future of BFHP is to entrust a portion of your estate through a planned gift. There are many easy ways to make a planned gift and we recommend you contact your attorney for more information.
As an example, here are a few of the simple ways to make a planned gift:
- Estate Planning: having an up-to-date will is the best gift you can give to yourself and to others. The easiest way to leave part of your estate to BFHP is simply to name us in your will as a beneficiary.
- Establish a charitable trust that guarantees income and provides you with significant tax benefits.
- Retirement and/or life insurance: Make BFHP a beneficiary of a retirement account or life insurance policy.