- Bryan Stevenson
Our safety net services focus on meeting a person’s basic need for food and shelter, while acting as a gateway to other services.
DWIGHT WAY SHELTER
BFHP’s Dwight Way Center in Berkeley accommodates two shelters. Our women’s shelter (in operation since 1992) and our men’s shelter (launched in 1986), each have 32 beds. The Shelter offers those who are homeless a safe place to stay and support while they build income, skills, and seek permanent housing. The Shelter operates 365 days/year.
- Clean, warm beds
- Shower & laundry facilities
- Access to computers & telephones
- Access to housing case managers
- Links to primary mental, dental & medical health
- Linkages to community & mainstream services